As I wrote last year, I’ve never really dressed up for Halloween before the past year or so. This year, I wanted to do something special, especially since we were having friends over for a low-key Halloween hangout celebration and I have makeup at my disposal.
Roy Lichtenstein has been one of my favourite pop artists since I saw a catalog my art teacher mom had that featured him as an artist. So when I saw Emma Pickles’ YouTube tutorial on how to do a comic book girl/Roy Lichtenstein style look, I became uncontrollably excited. Especially when I realized I basically had everything I needed!
I ultimately decided not to dye my hair or use a wig — I thought my curls and cut worked well with the look as they are. I wore a navy dress with white and tan polka dots from Dress Barn and a string of faux pearls to pull everything together.
I’m really pleased with how this turned out. Maybe next year I’ll get even more adventurous!
Brushes I used:
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (for my foundation)
- Real Techniques Detailer Brush (for concealer)
- e.l.f. Essential Smudge Brush (for eyeshadow)
Products I used:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Rimmel Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer in Fair (on blemishes/discolorations and under my eyes)
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Very Fair (under my eyes)
- Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-In-1 Foundation in 805 Ivory (face and blended into my neck)
- NYC HD Trio Eye Shadow in Blues Cafe, mixed with an old e.l.f. shadow book (lighter blues for slight dimensionality)
- NYX Liquid Black Liner (all the line work all over my face, plus eyeliner)
- Eylur Katy Perry False Lashes in Cool Kitty
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (on my lids to make the blue more intense & as the dots on my face & highlights on my lips)
- NYX Simply Red Lip Cream in Knock Out (on my lips)
- NYX Retractable Eye Liner in Black (on my waterline and tightline)
- NYX Makeup Setting Spray Matte Finish