For my first ever makeup tutorial, I use tarte cosmetics’ energy noir palette—and let me tell you, I am in love.
Every color in this palette is a color that works well with my skin tone. I’m cool-to-neutral, and this is definitely on the mauve/taupe/plum side of things, which is simply perfection.
The shadows are so easily blendable and buildable. There’s not a lot of fallout, and they don’t irritate my sometimes sensitive eyes.
A+, would buy again in a heartbeat.
- tarte cosmetics energy noir palette
- Crease: stone unturned
- Lid and lower 2/3 lid: misty mauve
- Lid (on top of misty mauve): up too slate
- Outer V and outer 1/3 lid: power plum
- Inner corner: full moon topped with crystal spark
- Brow bone: full moon
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in 160 Brightener (undereye)
- Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in 125 Fair (sharpening eyeshadow edge)
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (courtesy of Klout and Benefit)
- NYX Cosmetics Lip Primer in Nude
- NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencil in Natural
- Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Balm Stain in Pinky Promise
- Starlooks Satin Finish Lip Gloss in Cuddle (from ipsy)
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- Real Techniques Contour Brush from their Core Collection
- Real Techniques Powder Brush
- Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet (from ipsy)
- Luxie Rose Gold Tapered Blending Eye Brush (#205)
- BH Cosmetics Eyeshadow Brush (#24) from their 36 Pieces Ultimate Brush Set
- BH Cosmetics Flat Liner Brush (#12) from their 35 Pieces Ultimate Brush Set
- EcoTools Shade and Define Brush (the Define section) from their Eye Enhancing Duo Set